Welcome from our Program Director
Welcome to our new ACGME-accredited Neurology Residency Program Based at Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center as part of the HCA Healthcare Sunrise Health GME consortium.
About our program
- Positions: 3 Residents accepted each year
- Hospital Locations: Southern Hills Hospital, Mountain View Medical Center and Sunrise Children’s Hospital and Medical Center
- Neurology Inpatient Services
- Critical Care/ICU
- Continuity Care Clinic
- Desert Neurology: 9280 W Sunset Road, Suite 236; Las Vegas, NV 89148
- Comprehensive Salary & Benefits
- Health benefits
- Long-term disability, life insurance, and 401K
Thursday afternoon is geared towards academic half-day didactics, which include a longitudinal series to support ongoing learning and preparation for the certification examination which is held at Southern Hills Hospital
Get to Know the Team
Venkatachalam Veerappan, MD, MRCP Program Director
- US Citizens or individuals with permanent resident status (green card)
- Medical School Graduate LCME and COCA Accredited, ECFMG Certificate
- Preference for individuals who graduated from residency within 2 years prior to anticipating start date.
- Must have passed the USMLE step 1 and 2 or COMLEX Level 1 and level 2
- No more than 2 attempts to pass the USMLE or COMLEX
- Eligible for Nevada licensure
- Military and public services exceptions
- Professional and ethical behavior meeting the highest standard
- Applicants must be processed through a mandatory background check.
Applications will be accepted only through ERAS. The Neurology Program will be participating in Match 2021. The required ERAS documents are as follows:
- ERAS Application
- Personal statement
- Professional Curriculum Vitae, including scholarly work during residency
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from primary residency/specialty.
- USMLE or COMLEX score transcript(s) for Steps/Levels 1, 2CK/CE, and 2CS/PE
- Medical school transcript
- ECFMG Certificate, if indicated
For more information and to submit application materials, contact
Please direct any inquiries to the program coordinator.
Curriculum & Rotation Schedule
Our expertly crafted programs are designed to provide resident physicians with all the experiences and training necessary for professional success.
Osman Perez, DO graduated in 2018 and is currently a Pulmonary Critical Care Fellow at Tulane University.
Romina Bromberg, MD graduated in 2018 and is currently an Infectious Disease Fellow at UCONN.
Kairavee Dave, MD graduated in 2017 and is currently a Gastroenterology Fellow at Aventura Hospital.
Binna Chokshi, MD graduated in 2018 and is currently a Cardiology Fellow at UNLV.
The remainder of our graduates are practicing as hospitalists in other states.