Heart and vascular care
When time counts, you can depend on Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas, NV. Our heart and vascular services offer advanced treatments, the latest technology and a team of board-certified physicians and clinical staff. Southern Hills Hospital's Chest Pain Emergency Center boasts treatment times ahead of the national average. Our cardiovascular emergency services provide superior care when your life is on the line.
If you are experiencing chest pain or any other emergency, please call 911 immediately.
In addition to our national recognition for our heart and vascular services, Southern Hills Hospital is also:
- A Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center
- Joint Commission accredited Chest Pain Center
Chest pain center
If you or a loved one develops chest pain, he or she is significantly better off in an accredited chest pain center. Southern Hills Hospital is here for you in any emergency situation and offers the highest quality care for chest pain patients.
Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the U.S., with 600,000 dying annually of heart disease. More than five million Americans visit hospitals each year with chest pain. Our accreditations and certifications ensure that Southern Hills Hospital meets or exceeds the quality-of-care measures in acute cardiac medicine.
Cath lab services
Our cath lab services at Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas, NV provide exceptional care and demonstrate excellent clinical outcomes.
- Designated Chest Pain Center for heart attacks
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment
- Dedicated cardiac nurse navigator to help educate and guide you through your cardiac care journey
- 2019 median door to balloon time of 60 minutes (national benchmark is 90 minutes or less). This means Southern Hills Hospital is exceeding the national average from the American College of Cardiology.
Cardiac diagnostic procedures
We offer a comprehensive range of cardiac diagnostic and interventional procedures at Southern Hills Hospital, which include:
- Angiogram (cardiac and peripheral)
- BiV/ICD implantation
- Cardiac catheterization
- CardioMEMS heart failure system
- Echocardiogram (2D and 3D)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG)
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR or IFR)
- Loop recorders
- Pacemakers, including MRI compatible
- Radial artery access with a designated radial lounge
- Stenting (coronary and peripheral)
- Stress tests (chemical and treadmill)
- Thrombectomy and thrombolytic therapy
- Ultrasound (aortic and carotid duplex)
- Volcano Imaging System: intravascular and coronary ultrasound
- Venus Stasis Stenting