Heart and vascular care
When time counts, you can depend on Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas, NV. Our heart and vascular services offer advanced treatments, the latest technology and a team of board-certified physicians and clinical staff. Southern Hills Hospital’s Chest Pain Emergency Center boasts treatment times ahead of the national average. Our cardiovascular emergency services provide superior care when your life is on the line.
If you are experiencing chest pain or any other emergency, please call 911 immediately.
In addition to our national recognition for our heart and vascular services, Southern Hills Hospital is also:
- A Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center
- Accredited as a Certified Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers
Chest pain center
Sunrise Health System provides Las Vegas with a network of chest pain centers, three of which are open 24/7 in the emergency departments of Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center and Mountain View Hospital.
If you or a loved one develops chest pain, he or she is significantly better off in an accredited chest pain center. Our Sunrise chest pain network is here for you in any emergency situation and offers the highest quality care for chest pain patients.
Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the U.S., with 600,000 dying annually of heart disease. More than five million Americans visit hospitals each year with chest pain. Our accreditations and certifications ensure that Southern Hills Hospital meets or exceeds the quality-of-care measures in acute cardiac medicine.
Cath lab services
Our cath lab services at Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas, NV provide exceptional care and demonstrate excellent clinical outcomes.
- Designated STEMI Center for heart attacks
- State-of-the-art technology and equipment
- Care Assure nurse supervisor on staff, helping patients understand their often complex care pathway, schedule and attend important follow up appointments
- 2016 median door to balloon time of 70 minutes (national benchmark is 90 minutes or less)
Cardiac diagnostic procedures
We offer a comprehensive range of cardiac diagnostic and intervention procedures at Southern Hills Hospital, which include:
- Angiogram (cardiac and peripheral)
- BiV/AICD implantation
- Cardiac catheterization
- Echocardiogram (2D and 3D)
- Electrocardiogram (EKG or ECG)
- Fractional flow reserve (FFR or IFR)
- ICD/AICD implantation
- Loop recorders
- Pacemakers, including MRI compatible
- Radial artery access with a designated radial lounge
- Stenting (coronary and peripheral)
- Stress tests (chemical and treadmill)
- Thrombectomy and thrombolytic therapy
- Ultrasound (aortic and carotid duplex)
- Volcano Imaging System: intravascular and coronary ultrasound