Heart & Vascular Care
When time counts, you can count on Southern Hills Hospital. Our Heart & Vascular services offer advanced treatments, the latest technology, and a team of board-certified specialist physicians and certified clinical staff. Southern Hills Hospital features a Chest Pain Emergency Center with treatment times ahead of the national average.
With heart and vascular services earning national recognition, a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, Southern Hills Hospital is accredited as Certified Chest Pain Center from the Society of Chest Pain Centers and is a leader in cardiovascular diagnosis and treatment
Chest Pain Center
A Network of Chest Pain Centers in Las Vegas
Las Vegas has a network of Chest Pain Centers, brought to Southern Nevada by Sunrise Health System. Three Chest Pain Centers are open 24/7 in the emergency departments of the following hospitals: Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center, Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center, MountainView Hospital.
If your loved one develops chest pain, he or she is significantly better off in an accredited Chest Pain Center. So play it safe, keep this information handy and tell your friends about the Sunrise Chest Pain Network.
Heart attacks are the leading cause of death in the United States, with 600,000 dying annually of heart disease. More than five million Americans visit hospitals each year with chest pain. The Society's accreditation process ensures centers meet or exceed quality-of-care measures in acute cardiac medicine.
If you are experiencing chest pain or any other emergency ... call 911 immediately.
- Why Did You Decide to Become a Doctor?
- What Would You Like Patients to Know About Heart Health?
- Why Would I Need to See a Cardiologist?
- What Are the Biggest Risk Factors for Heart Disease?
- How Does the Risk for Heart Disease Differ Between Men and Women?
- What Is Atrial Fibrillation (Afib)?
- Does Occasional Atrial Fibrillation Go Away on Its Own?
- What Is a Stent?
- What Medical Conditions Are Treated with a Stent?
- How Is a Stent Placement Performed?
- How Can a Heart Catheterization Determine Whether or Not I Need a Stent?
- What Medical Tests Can Diagnose Coronary Artery Blockages?
- What Are the Chances of Reblockage Within a Coronary Stent?
- What Kinds of Conditions Are Pacemakers Used to Treat?
- How Long Does a Pacemaker Last and What Precautions Should I Take?