Today's teens face a variety of pressures and stressors at school, at home and in their social circles. The ups and downs of adolescence is a particularly challenging time. Our inpatient program offers treatment for teenagers who are in need of hospitalization for behavioral and mental health conditions and need new strategies to cope and live a healthy and balanced life.
Our program is ideal for adolescents, age 11-17, who:
- Are experiencing a decline in school attendance, due to sadness or anxiety
- Experience severe mood swings
- Are socially withdrawn or self-isolating
- Have difficulty expressing their feelings or who may be feelings emotions intensely
- May experience behavioral or emotional difficulties, including disorganized thoughts or coping with traumatic events
- May have symptoms of depression, anxiety and/or other obstacles when functioning in everyday situations
- Need support to achieve stabilization
- May cause harm to self or others
An individualized plan of care
A mental health plan of care involves a mind, body and social evaluation of an individual. Our program offers 24/7 treatment for adolescents experiencing mental health and behavioral challenges. We address the unique mental health needs of adolescents using a customized plan that will use some of the following methods:
- Daily rounding by a Harvard trained Board Certified Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist
- Therapeutic comfort room for de-escalation
- Parental visitation daily on the unit
- 24 hour nursing care
- Licensed therapists experienced in working with adolescents
- Treatment plans implemented in partnership with family
- Seven groups a day, seven days a week
- Recreational therapy, including pet, music and art therapy
- Medical consultation upon admission and as needed thereafter
The Pavilion has designed a behavioral health and mental wellness program specifically for adolescents between 11 and 17 years old. To schedule an assessment, call (702) 916-5100.
Our adolescent program is based on the following fundamental core values. The teens in our program will receive education, therapy and staff guidance to maintain these values.
- Consideration and Kindness
What to bring:
In order to ensure a safe environment we limit personal items on the units. We offer laundry so it is not necessary to bring extra clothing.
- Three outfit changes (no drawstrings or belts)
- One pair of pajamas
- A jacket or sweater if weather permits (no hoodies)
- Shoes that do not have shoelaces