Who Volunteers at Southern Hills Hospital?
Special people just like you! Our dedicated and dynamic volunteers come from all walks of life, bringing a variety of skills and abilities with them to help improve the lives of others. Volunteers at Southern Hills include retirees, professionals, former patients, homemakers, military personnel and students who share a common goal: to help others.
We are looking for volunteers wanting and willing to provide exceptional customer service to the patients, guests and staff at Southern Hills Hospital. We have opportunities for volunteers to greet guests, serve patients and provide clerical expertise.
- By submitting an application you are not automatically registered as a volunteer.
- Please note the application process takes approximately 3 to 4 weeks to complete.
- Acceptance into the volunteer program is contingent upon a complete application, a statement of health, a background check, drug screening and a T-spot TB test.
- Once a completed application has been received, a time will be established for a live interview with the Director of Volunteer Services & Health To You (H2U).
- Adult volunteers are asked to commit to volunteering one day per week for one four-hour shift or 10 hours per month, for six months.
- Shifts typically are from: 8:00am - 12:00pm, 12:00pm to 4:00pm, and 4:00pm - 8:00pm.
- Volunteer opportunities are available seven days a week.
- All volunteers must complete a 4-hour orientation prior to starting as a volunteer.
- You will also receive on-site training in the department that you are assigned to.
- Each year, all volunteers must complete a re-training on hospital policies and procedures.
- All volunteers will be given a tuberculosis (TB) test one time per year. The TB test must come back negative before a volunteer placement can begin.
- A background check and drug screen will be performed on all volunteers prior to orientation.
- A seasonal flu shot is required for all volunteer applicants.
Dear Potential Junior Volunteer,
Thank you for your interest in the Summer Junior Volunteer Program at Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center. We are looking for energetic, outgoing, self-motivated and compassionate individuals to ELEVATE the patient and visitor’s experience.
- 2018 Junior Volunteer applications are due no later than April 15, 2018
- This program is open to individuals between the ages of 15 to 17 years old with a minimum 3.0 GPA at time of application.
- The goal of our Junior Volunteer Program is to encourage service in our community and to provide learning experiences in a hospital setting.
- Volunteer assignments will vary depending on age and skills.
- Patent/Guardian permission is needed to participate in the Junior Volunteer Program.
Steps for acceptance into the program include:
- Complete the online junior volunteer application
- Minimum of 65 hours from June through Aug.
- Minimum of two four-hour shift per week
- Provide two professional references
- Drug screening
- Background check
- Complete a T-spot TB test
- Adherence to confidentiality requirements
- Attend hospital orientation
- Clock in/out for each shift worked
Current volunteers can access the Volunteer Intranet (VICNET).
We do not offer any short-term (under 75 hours) or court appointed community service opportunities.
For questions, please contact our Director of Volunteer Services & H2U by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.