Weight loss program in Las Vegas, NV
Bariatric surgery isn't just intended to help you lose weight; it's also meant to improve your health and transform your life.
Southern Hills Hospital is proud to offer state-of-the-art bariatric surgeries to help our patients safely lose weight. If you struggle to lose weight using conventional methods such as dieting, exercise, behavior therapy or medication, weight-loss surgery may be the answer.
We offer a comprehensive program featuring several safe and highly effective options, including laparoscopic robotic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy.
We understand bariatric surgery is a life-changing decision, and our team will be with you every step of the way. We're committed to providing you with the personalized care and attention you deserve.
To start your weight loss journey with us and speak with one of our bariatric specialists, (702) 916-5000.
What is bariatric and metabolic surgery?
Bariatric surgery reduced the amount of food the stomach can hold and can also help alter your digestive track. This aids in resetting your body’s regulatory system, allowing for metabolic changes.
As a result, patients experience a decreased appetite, increased feelings of fullness, increased metabolism, and healthier food preferences. These positive changes allow the body to lose weight without the internal fight to return to the higher set point.
Types of bariatric surgery
There are a variety of bariatric options available, including:
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery combines stomach restriction with a partial bypass of the small intestine. This operation creates a direct connection from the stomach to the lower segment of the small intestine, skipping certain parts of the digestive tract that absorb calories and nutrients.
- Gastric sleeve, also known as sleeve gastrectomy, is another type of restrictive procedure that reduces the stomach's size. Surgeons remove more than half of the stomach, but no medical device is implanted.
Our bariatric surgeons use either laparoscopic or robotic approaches to perform weight-loss procedures. Both use advanced technology to perform surgery through smaller incisions. This means less pain, reduced scarring and a quicker recovery for bariatric patients. You can work with your surgeon to determine which procedure and which option is best for you.
Are you a candidate for bariatric surgery?
If you've tried to lose weight in the past but haven't been able to keep the weight off and you meet certain requirements, you may qualify for weight loss surgery.
Generally, you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 to 60
- Have a body mass index (BMI) greater than 35
- Are unable to achieve a healthy body weight for a sustained period, even with medical weight loss programs
Changing lives with weight-loss surgery
We want you to be as prepared and as comfortable as possible for your surgery—and your new life. To help guide you through this process, we've created a step-by-step plan for you:
- Contact our center by calling (702) 916-5000
- Attend our free information session
- Complete pre-assessment forms
- Meet with an exercise physiologist, registered dietitian and bariatric surgeon
- Check-in for surgery
The education and support doesn’t end after surgery. Support groups, online communication and physician visits are also available. We focus on providing you with all the tools necessary for success and your new healthy life.
Attend an information session
Free information seminars are offered for patients interested in seeking bariatric surgery as a weight-loss option. We cover surgery options, risks and benefits of the procedure and your next steps to begin the process. It is an informal discussion with time made available for questions and answers.
Call (702) 916-5000 to register.