Southern Hills Hospital provides the communities of southwest Las Vegas with emergency and pediatric emergency services with two ER locations, a behavioral health program, an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, a dedicated orthopedic and spine unit, OB-GYN, Level II NICU, diagnostic imaging, oncology and surgical services. Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff, Southern Hills Hospital’s advanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
- 252-bed Community Hospital
- 911 Employees
- 1,400 Physicians
Opened in 2004, Southern Hills Hospital continually provides acute care services while addressing the growing healthcare needs of the community. In 2018, Southern Hills continued expanding care to patients with the opening of the Pavilion, an 80 bed behavioral health unit which serves ages 11 and older. In 2017, Southern Hills Hospital added a newly created graduate medical education (GME) program with its inaugural class in family medicine. The GME program has now expanded to include transitional year and psychiatry residents, as well as a gastroenterology fellowship. Currently, Southern Hills Hospital is applying for future programs, including addiction medicine and neurology. In 2016, the hospital opened a second emergency room called ER at The Lakes, a full-service emergency room that is four miles north of the main hospital campus. This hospital-based ER is the first of its kind in Nevada.
The hospital will be opening a third emergency room called ER at S. Las Vegas Blvd. in early 2020. The hospital is a member of the respected Sunrise Health System, consisting of Sunrise Hospital, Sunrise Children’s Hospital, MountainView Hospital and several surgery and diagnostic imaging centers that offer a complete range of specialized and technologically advanced services.
Southern Hills Hospital is a part of HCA Healthcare's Far West Division which includes four hospitals and four surgical centers Las Vegas, and five hospitals and five surgical centers California.
Awards and accreditations
- Voted Best Hospital in Las Vegas in 2019
- Voted Best Hospital in Las Vegas in 2017
- The Joint Commission Accreditation
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- Earned The Joint Commission Accreditation for Hip Fracture
- Earned The Joint Commission Accreditation for Joint Replacement – Hip
- Earned The Joint Commission Accreditation for Joint Replacement – Knee
- Get with The Guidelines Stroke GOLD PLUS with Honor Roll Elite Plus (Given by The American Heart Association)
- Voted Best Hospital Gold Award/1st Place 2017
- Voted Best Cancer Treatment Center Silver Award/2nd Place 2017
- Voted Best Place to Have a Baby Bronze Award/3rd Place 2017
- Best Hospital Winners’ Circle Award recipient in 2016
- Voted Best Hospital in Las Vegas in 2015
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- The Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Designated NICHE hospital
- Get with the Guidelines - Stroke Gold-Plus Quality Achievement Award from American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- American College of Radiology (ACR) accredited in MRI, computed tomography, ultrasound and nuclear medicine
- Awarded three orthopedic certifications from The Joint Commission (hip and knee replacements and hip fracture programs)
- Earned The Joint Commission certification for Alzheimer’s disease program
- Earned The Joint Commission certification for Sepsis