Southern Hills Hospital provides the communities of southwest Las Vegas with emergency and pediatric emergency services with three ER locations, a behavioral health program, an accredited Chest Pain Center, a Certified Primary Stroke Center, a dedicated orthopedic and spine unit, OB-GYN, Level II NICU, diagnostic imaging, oncology and surgical services.
Utilizing advanced digital technology and an accomplished medical staff, Southern Hills Hospital's advanced care and superior service make for better outcomes and an exceptional patient experience.
Opened in 2004, Southern Hills Hospital continually provides acute care services while addressing the growing healthcare needs of the community. In 2018, Southern Hills continued expanding care to patients with the opening of the Pavilion, an 80 bed behavioral health unit serving ages 11 and older.
In 2017, Southern Hills Hospital added a newly created graduate medical education (GME) program with its inaugural class in family medicine. The GME program has now expanded to include transitional year, psychiatry, neurology, and addiction medicine.
The hospital also has two free-standing Emergency Rooms, ER at S. Las Vegas Blvd. opened in 2021 and ER at The Lakes, which opened in 2016. Both are full-service emergency rooms specializing in adult and pediatric emergency medicine.
Southern Hills Hospital is a part of HCA Healthcare's Far West Division which includes four hospitals and four surgical centers Las Vegas, and five hospitals and five surgical centers California.
Division and facility leadership
Awards and accreditations
- Three-time Winner of Best Hospital in Las Vegas
- Recipient of Healthgrades 'Americans 250 Best Hospitals Award' in 2022
- One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Pulmonary Care in 2022
- Ranked #1 in the state of Nevada for Pulmonary Care by Healthgrades in 2022
- Ranked #3 in the state of Nevada for Critical Care by Healthgrades in 2022
- Name Among the Top 10% in Nation for Cardiology Services in 2022
- Five-star recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment in 2022
- Five-star recipient for Spinal Infusion Surgery in 2022
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Pulmonary Care Excellence Award Two Years in a Row
- Recipient of the Healthgrades 2022 Critical Care Excellence Award
- Five Star Recipient of Treatment of Sepsis 2 Years in a Row (2020-2022)
- Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Respiratory Failure 2 Years in a Row (2021-2022)
- Five Star Recipient for C-section delivery 4 years in a row (2018-2022)
- 2022 Recipient of Top 100 Hospitals in the U.S. by Fortune