Adult behavioral health services in Las Vegas, Nevada
Being in touch with yourself is imperative for your mental health and well-being, but sometimes life can get in the way. More than 25 percent of people will experience varying degrees of mental and emotional struggles at some point in their lives. Know that you are not alone and that it is very common to seek help for these issues.
Whether it’s intervening in a crisis or helping you through life's transitions, The Pavilion at Southern Hills is committed to addressing mental and emotional struggles and bringing you back to a balanced life. Our experienced staff provides inpatient behavioral health services and comprehensive medical care, including diagnostic services, to all adult patients in need.
Our approach to mental health and wellness
At The Pavilion at Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center, our unique approach to working toward mindfulness and resiliency can help you achieve a balanced life. We consider emotional, physical and medical issues, using therapies and counseling to treat the whole person through various stages of life.
The goal of our behavioral health program is to help you improve your day-to-day interactions with the world. Many people believe they have to know exactly what they need before they reach out for help. Please know that you can come here anytime for a free assessment to allow a mental health professional to walk you through the various treatment options. Our number one goal is to help you achieve a sense of happiness and growth in all that you do.
Whether patients need crisis intervention, assistance with managing a mental disorder or guidance through life's transitions, we're here to help.
Make your mental health a priority and call our behavioral health team for an assessment today at (702) 916-5100.
Behaviors that may signal a need for assistance
Certain patterns and behaviors can signal the need for professional care. If you recognize the following symptoms in yourself or someone you know, we're here to help:
- Difficulty managing intense emotions
- Disruptions in daily activities, such as inability to socialize, work or perform daily tasks
- Hallucinations or paranoid delusions that disrupt functioning
- Inability to adjust to life changes or recover from traumatic events, such as the loss of a relationship or job
- Major change in personality
- Suicidal thoughts or actions
Treatments and coping mechanisms we provide
Our adult inpatient mental health program offers patients the following:
- Anxiety management
- Crisis management
- Depression management
- Development of daily living skills
- Medication assessment and management
- Occupational skills
- Self-injury prevention
- Social skills
- Trauma management
- Treatment of psychiatric symptoms that may impair important areas of functioning
Our inpatient adult mental health program
Our inpatient program provides treatment focused on identifying and enhancing your strengths. Our philosophy is that the best treatment outcomes are achieved through mutually agreed-upon goals.
Some highlights of the program include:
- 7 interactive groups a day geared toward your individualized treatment goals
- Daily meetings with licensed therapists
- Daily sessions with a board-certified psychiatrist
- Daily recreation groups with access to outdoor courtyards
- Medical evaluation and treatment as needed
- Medication management
Preparing for an inpatient admission
To ensure a safe environment, we limit personal items in our units. Please do not bring in more than this due to space limitations. A washer and dryer are available for use.
- A jacket or sweater if weather permits
- One pair of pajamas
- Three outfit changes (no drawstrings or belts)
- Slip-on shoes, slippers or socks with grips. Shoes cannot have shoelaces attached
- Basic hygiene items will be provided by the hospital
- Items that are unsafe will be kept at the nurse’s station or sent home.