Outpatient urology services and procedures in Las Vegas, Nevada
At Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center, we understand that urologic conditions can be painful and uncomfortable and cause stress and worry. Whether you are experiencing overactive bladder or urologic cancer, our hospital's dedicated urologists are here to help.
Our urologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the urinary system and the male reproductive system. We offer the highest quality of care in a warm, personalized environment. We also specialize in outpatient, minimally invasive urologic procedures, which can offer patients benefits, such as faster recovery times and minimal scarring, compared to traditional surgeries.
For more information about our urology services or help scheduling an appointment, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (702) 916-5023.
Our urology services
Our urology specialists use the latest techniques and advanced diagnostic imaging to treat conditions affecting the urinary tract and male reproductive system. Services we offer include:
- Biopsy of the bladder and prostate
- High dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy — A type of radiation therapy to treat cancer
- Incontinence procedures
- Laser vaporization of the prostate — A technique using a laser to heat and vaporize prostate tissue obstructing part of the urethra
- Lithotripsy — A procedure involving shockwaves or a laser to break down stones in the kidney, gallbladder or ureter
- Prostate seed implants — Placement of radioactive seeds in the prostate to treat prostate cancer
- Retrograde pyelogram — An imaging test that uses X-rays to look at your bladder, ureters and kidneys
- Ultrasound treatment of the prostate — A noninvasive procedure involving the energy from a highly focused ultrasound to treat prostate cancer
Specializing in outpatient surgeries enables us to create a more individualized experience for each of our patients. The result is a more comfortable and overall positive surgical experience. We also offer robot-assisted urologic procedures, which are also minimally invasive. With robotic surgical technology, the surgeon has complete control over the robotic surgical system and can use it to perform delicate procedures with great accuracy and precision.
Our urologic surgeons perform a variety of urologic procedures, including:
- Transurethral resection of the bladder — A procedure performed to diagnose bladder cancer and to remove cancerous tissue from the bladder
- Vasovasostomy — A surgery performed to partially reverse a vasectomy
- Vasectomy — A procedure performed to medical sterilize male patients to prevent pregnancy
- Robotic prostatectomy
- Robotic nephrectomy surgery
- CT Urograms