Treatment for behavioral challenges and mental illnesses in children and adolescents in Las Vegas, Nevada
Children and teenagers face various pressures and stressors at school, at home and in their social circles. The ups and downs of adolescence can be particularly challenging. That's why the Pavilion located at Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center offers an inpatient mental health program for adolescents, ages 12 to 17 years old.
Our program is designed for young people who need hospitalization for behavioral and mental health conditions and need new strategies to cope and live a healthy and balanced life.
If you or someone you know is in need of inpatient behavioral healthcare for adolescents, call us at (702) 916-5100.
Adolescents who may benefit from our inpatient behavioral health program
The goal of our behavioral health program is to offer care, treatment and resources that can benefit young patients experiencing a wide range of conditions, including:
- A decline in school attendance due to sadness or anxiety
- Behavioral and/or emotional challenges, such as disorganized thoughts or issues coping with traumatic events
- Difficulty function in everyday situations due to symptoms of depression, anxiety and/or other obstacles
- Feelings of self-harm and/or wanting to harm others
- Instability and/or a need for support to achieve stability
- Intense emotions and/or difficulties expressing feelings
- Self-isolation or social issues
- Severe mood swings
Our inpatient mental health services for adolescents
Our program offers 24/7 treatment for adolescents experiencing mental health and behavioral challenges. Our mental health plans of care involve mind, body and social evaluations of each patient.
We address the unique mental health needs of adolescents using a customized plan that may involve some or all of the following:
- 24-hour nursing care
- Daily parental visitations
- Daily rounding by a Harvard-trained board-certified child/adolescent psychiatrist
- De-escalation, when needed, in our therapeutic comfort room for de-escalation
- Medical consultations upon admission and as needed thereafter
- Recreational therapy, including pet, music and art therapy
- Seven groups a day, seven days a week
- Therapy with licensed therapists who are experienced in working with adolescents
- Treatment plans implemented in partnership with family
Our program's core values
Our adolescent program is based on the following fundamental core values. The teens in our program will receive education, therapy and staff guidance to maintain these values:
- Consideration and kindness
Preparing for inpatient behavioral healthcare
To ensure a safe environment, we limit personal items in our units. We recommend that patients bring the following:
- A jacket or sweater
- One pair of pajamas
- Shoes that do not have shoelaces
- Three outfit changes (no drawstrings or belts)
Our center offers laundry services, so there is no need to worry about bringing additional clothing.